Saturday, April 12, 2008

Am I dreaming?

I found out today that the famous Hillsong worship song "Shout to the Lord" was sung on American Idol's "Idol's Give Back" performance this Thursday. Of course they changed the lyrics "My Jesus" to "My Shepherd." But what's very interesting is that they sung it again the next day! And they kept the original lyrics! I thought this was definitely quite interesting. I thought Joshua Harris' thoughts were also very interesting. I couldn't believe this so I checked it on youtube, and there is was. I embedded the second performance below just in case you really think I'm dreaming. It really got me thinking: Why in the world would they want to sing this song in a secular show? twice? all together? Is the end of the world coming? (That's a joke by the way). Well, at the least, it does make things interesting and gives you a lot to think about as well as open things up for discussion.


No comments: