Monday, November 3, 2008

Either work or believe.

Romans 4:4

"Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as favor, but what is due. But to he one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness"

There are only two ways to live this life. You may either work and earn your wages or you may depend solely on mercy and grace. If you work, you will get your due. God will not withhold from you your wages. But remember, "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). If you depend solely on the grace of God, you will receive righteousness (justification). But remember, depending on God alone means admitting your total inability for good and completely submitting to the Lord Jesus Christ. So, we have two options before us: wages or credit. I know my life; I know what my wages are. Therefore, I am banking on God's grace; I will believe. What is your choice?

No comments: