Monday, November 17, 2008

A Unique People Living a Unique Life

Micah 4:5

"Though all the peoples walk each in the name of his god, as for us, we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever."

We live in a day when this verse needs to be conviction of our hearst. We live in a day when peoples are living and chasing after their own gods. Living as Christians among these people will mark us as peculiar, unique, different. They will question us; they will wonder why we do not join them in their lusts and desires. Christian, with all this pressure, how will you fight the temptation? It's interesting that we find this verse right after Micah explains the judgment of the nations. We need to remember that we are living before the great Judge who will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. But I doubt that the fear of judgment was the only motivation for Micah. I believe what drove Micah to live with this conviction was the hope of God's salvation and his vindication from God to the nations. "But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me" (Micah 7:7). Let us live then as a unique people living a unique life in a sin-driven world with God's salvation in view. Let us wait eagerly and expectantly for this hope as John encourages us, "And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure" (1 John 3:3). Stay strong in the Lord and God bless!

No comments: