Monday, February 2, 2009

Faithful to the Faithless

2 Timothy 2:11-13

"It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; if we endure , we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him, He also will deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself."

Tomorrow will mark one year of ministry for me at Living Word Korean Baptist Church. As I reflect upon the past year, I am forced to meditate on this verse more and more. I have been faithless. I have not done my work as a Pastor as I ought to have. I have failed morally, with discipline, and relationally. Yet God has been faithful. More than faithful. He has filled my cup that it overflows. And His faithfulness has not stopped. Year after year of His faithfulness continues to convince me that He will remain faithful despite my shortcomings for the many years to come. Whom else could I trust? Why does He remain so faithful? It's not because of me. It's because He is good. He cannot deny Himself. Oh what a rock on which we can stand! Stay strong in the Lord and God bless!

No comments: