Monday, February 23, 2009

Great is Thy faithfulness

Lamentations 3:21-23

"This I recall to my mind, there I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness."

Throughout college, my one of the songs that I sang often was Great is Thy Faithfulness. It is only recently though that I understand the full implications of that phrase and the meaning of the song. It is through texts like Lamentations 3:21-23 that I realize His faithfulness is the assurance of my hope. Every morning I wake up, God is faithful to give me breath. Every morning I wake up, God is faithful to keep me saved. Every morning I wake up, God is faithful to remind me of His glories. The wonder of it all is that God will do so until we are glorified, until we cross the Jordan, until we see Him face to face. There is no greater assurance than in the faithfulness of God. Stay strong in the Lord and God bless!

No comments: