Friday, October 16, 2009

Week in Review 10/16/09

What Did Your Pastor Do This Week?
This week was quite a lovely yet trying week. Last weekend, I had the privilege of reading the Scriptures at my friend's wedding in Burbank, Ca, and since I was down south for the wedding, I also got to spend some time with my parents who termendously encouraged and edified me. I came back and spent the Lord's day with my church and on the way back home to Berkeley, I stopped by my friends' place and watched a Japanese drama. It was an enjoyable weekend.

But the week was quite trying. I found myself behind in schoolwork, and I did not have the will to stay up and get it done. On Wednesday, I visited my brother to have dinner, and we had a long conversation about life, money, and ministry. I realized that there's so much to pray for and so much to pay for as well. I was thankful that the Lord constantly places me in a position where I have to contemplate my trust in Him.

I have a lot to look forward to this weekend. I have plans to watch the Phantom of the Opera on Blu-Ray with my friends, and another friend will be coming to preach in my stead this Sunday. It'll be a great way to end this week!

Interesting Happenings
I spent 3+ hours watching a Japanese dramas on Sunday night with friends. Wow.

Check These Links Out
Simply Unprecedented - Albert Mohler talks of the shifting morals signaled by President Obama's endorsement of the LGBT community.
Did People in the Medieval Age Believe the World Was Flat? - Thomas E. Woods dispels the myth that they did!
Deuteronomy 29:29 - An insightful take on this verse by Dan Phillips.
How Piper Became a Pastor - Celebrating Piper's 30th year of ministry at Bethlehem. You can even see a picture of him from 30 years ago!
Parents, Obey Your Children - Mohler once again with great insight on the times.

The Ever-growing Wish List
The Intolerance of Tolerance - D.A. Carson
David Brainerd, A Flame for God - Vance Christie
Shepherd's Conference '10 Registration

No comments: