Friday, October 23, 2009

Week in Review 10/23/09

What Did Your Pastor Do This Week?
This week went by quite fast! Since my friend has been filling in for me in the pulpit, I was able to catch up with a lot of work that had been piling up. I also started playing the McDonald's monopoly game which is actually quite fun. You get to eat a lot of McDonald's as well. I didn't spend a lot of money this week which is a relief! I'm glad the outflow will stay low for awhile. So many things are coming up that I feel a bit overwhelmed. Please continue to pray that I'll be diligent and get work done. A few things coming up: SFC conference in December, Youth Gospel Trust meeting on November 2nd, exegesis project and final on first week of December, planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas events.

Interesting Happenings
One of the first graders looked at my Greek New Testament and said, "Ew, it's ugly. It's like poo." My Greek New Testament is a brown leather.

Check These Links Out
Biblos.com - A very cool Bible resource!
12 Bacon Products - I love bacon, but this seems a bit too much. The baconnaise sounds good though.
Perspectives - Video by Peacemaker Ministries. Really good. You should definitely watch it.
Stott the Prophet - Justin Taylor quotes a remark by John Stott that impresses upon you the importance of the local church in a ever growing digital culture.

The Ever-growing Wish List
If God Is Good - Randy Alcorn's book on suffering.
Counterfeit Gods - Tim Keller of Idolatry
Light All Around - Music by The Master's Chorale

No comments: