Monday, October 5, 2009

One Thing

Psalm 27:4

"One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD and to meditate in His temple."

In our Middle School Small Group, one of my students pointed out that there's actually three things that the psalmist is desiring. He missed the whole point. The one thing that the psalmist sought was to be with the LORD. Our union and fellowship with God is the most prized object we seek. We must ask ourselves a very critical question: If I could ask God for only one thing, what would it be? As you meditate upon that, I pray you come to the conclusion that God is the highest good that we can ever have. Desire Him and Him alone.

"He loves Thee too little who loves together with Thee anything else and not for Thy sake." Augustine

No comments: