Friday, November 13, 2009

Week in Review 11/13/09

What Did Your Pastor Do This Week?
This week was a splendid week. I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with my close friends and get work done at the same time! Yesterday night I had the blessing of spending time with my sister eating dinner and hanging out with the Lee's.
In case you do not know who the Lee's are, Seil Lee is the man for whom I stood as the best man. Him and his wife have been dear friends of mine in the Lord ever since freshmen year of college. The time we spent together yesterday was a wonderful time just eating and watching random tv shows. The presence of many friends has helped me to understand how blessed I am in the Lord. It is a joyful thing to be in the company of friends who love you.

I was thankful this week that my small group members at CCS were starting to get more serious about the time we had together. This week we were going over the trinity. Usually our group will be loud and off topic, but they have been maturing. I am very thankful for that and hopeful that they will grow to love the study of the Word. Some are already!

This weekend seems to be quite busy as there will be many meetings to go to. However, it is quite thrilling and exciting. It is also the first weekend that our assistant pastor will be gone. It was his last week the past Sunday. We'll have to fill his shoes. Please pray for our church!

Interesting Happenings
I went to my favorite McDonald's (favorite because it is close by), and found out that it is closed for some time. I never thought I'd be so sad.

Check These Links Out
The Prosperity Gospel - A heart-breaking video by Nathan Clarke on the Prosperity Gospel in Africa.
How Do We Know God Exists - D.A. Carson answers this question masterfully in less than 5 minutes.
RC Sproul and Internet - Mark Driscoll interviews Sproul about his internet experiences.
Radical Womanhood - Carolyn McCulley's address to the women of Northbrook Church are now up and should be of interest to our youth girls.
NewsNote: Falling Fertility Makes for Happy Economists - Albert Mohler's commentary on The Economist's article.

The Ever-growing Wish List
The Meaning of the Pentateuch - By John Sailhamer
The Prophet of Purpose: The Life of Rick Warren - By Jeffrey Sheler
The Theology of John's Gospel and Letters - By Andreas Kostenberger

No comments: