Monday, November 9, 2009

How Do You Describe Your Conversion Experience?

2 Corinthians 4:6

"For God, who said, 'Light shall shine out of darkness,' is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Is this how you describe your conversion experience? I'm not talking about the basis of your conversion. I'm talking about the experience of your conversion. Can you say, "As I heard the Gospel, as I looked intently at Jesus Christ, God did something miraculous in my heart; He revealed Himself in all His glory to me in the person and work of Jesus Christ." That has been the clearest description of my own conversion experience. I felt so humbled as I reflected on how the Bible knows my heart more than I know it myself.

No comments: