Monday, November 30, 2009

Week in Review 12/04/09

What Did Your Pastor Do This Week?
This week was a definitely trying. Getting back into work after Thanksgiving with a final on Wednesday is truly difficult. On top of that, having students you love express hate towards you is quite saddening. However, there has been a lot of good that makes the week joyful. I did do well on my Hebrew Final, and I am progressing in my Karate. I am excited for the seminary quarter to be over so I can start reading my own books. Next Saturday, I will be testing for my orange belt skipping yellow belt. This weekend, we'll be having our TYGT planning and vision-meeting. Please pray for us. God bless!

Interesting Happenings
While I was helping out a second-grader with his sparring in our Karate After School program, I was hit unexpectedly in my privates by a roundhouse kick. I was letting the student hit my hands with his kicks for practice, and I looked away to give some advice to another student. I guess the student didn't think we stopped and through one more kick. I never thought I'd experience such pain as a grown adult inflicted by a second-grader. It was the weirdest feeling of "Did this really just happen to me?" It was truly a humbling experience.

Check These Links Out
What Binds Us Together? - A nice quote by D.A. Carson.
What Is the Biggest Upcoming Theological Battle? - R.C. Sproul's answer, and a good one at that.
The Spirit's True Work - Make sure to read the entire series of posts by John MacArthur.
Free Lou Priolo Audio- Great resource on counseling issues.
The Google Zeitgeist - Interesting Statistics.

The Ever-growing Wish List
Christmas music! - By various artsists

No comments: